Sunday, February 3, 2013

Time For A Change

“In beyond…are remote places of solitude, where the journey of discovery begins, not only of place, but of self.” -Michael Fatali


For many years my wife and I never did much exploring. We were content doing pretty much the same things day in and day out – weekend after weekend. Then for our 10 year anniversary, I decided that we were going on a little adventure. We spent a long weekend in Munising, MI where we hiked to waterfalls and amazing beaches on Lake Superior. We rented a boat and motored past the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. What we experienced that weekend has changed us forever. That trip lit a fire in us that has been burning ever since.

For so long we had this feeling that we lived really close to some really cool stuff, but we never took the time to check any of it out. Our trip to Munising really did change our lives. It made us realize the beauty we had been missing out on. Now we love to explore. We do it whenever and wherever we can. In the past two and a half years we have seen so many beautiful places in both Northern Wisconsin (where we live) and also in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We also went to Utah last summer and spent time in both Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park - which are both UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING!

I have always enjoyed the outdoors, and living in such a beautiful area of the country has allowed me to spend much of my life outside. Since I have begun exploring areas that are new to me, my love of the outdoors has grown ten fold. The things that my wife and I have seen have changed who we are and keep us coming back for more. 

My blog will highlight some of the amazing places that I love. Hopefully it will inspire you to try something new too. You never know...it may change your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment