Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ruby Falls - Chattanooga, Tennessee

I have seen many waterfalls, but the most impressive one that I have ever seen is an underground waterfall called Ruby Falls. This 145 foot waterfall is located inside of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga Tennessee.

www.shltrip.com

There are a couple different tours to chose from when visiting Ruby Falls. I took the lantern tour, and I would highly recommend it. The group was limited in size, which was kind of nice because it was less crowded. The tour started with a 260 foot elevator ride. Head lamps were given to people in the group. This helped us navigate our way through the cave as we passed some really cool stalactites, stalagmites, and some really neat limestone formations.


www.rubyfalls.com


www.travelwithdorothy.blogspot.com

The tour continued as the guide lead us all into a large area where we could hear the sound of water rushing but could not see anything. This intentional darkness is meant to help build the excitement of seeing Ruby Falls. As the lights began to come up, Ruby Falls was brought to life.


www.rubyfalls.com


www.rubyfalls.com

My favorite part of the Ruby Falls tour was when they changed the colors of the lights illuminating the falls. It was really amazing to see how the colors changed the look of the water and the cavern.

www.creativeplanetnetwork.com


www.luxefinds.com

www.skianything.com

If you are ever in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area, I would highly recommend a trip to Ruby Falls. It's a really cool experience and is unlike anything you will see anywhere else.





2 comments:

  1. Very neat place. I believe I have been to Chattanooga before when I was younger but did not encounter this cool place. Will for sure need to look into this trip because it seems worth while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really neat. I was in Tennessee for work and decided to see a few sights while I was there. I was really glad that I chose to visit Ruby Falls.

      Delete